Gmail has shifted the way it handles things when adding in a custom email. With that said, follow combined with the video. You will need access to your own hosting panel, along with understand your SMTP and Interface settings as well as getting a free gmail.cpomaccount set up. Get in touch with your hosting provider in the event you are uncertain of the pieces.
The technological progress of the last several years have made it easy for the companies to get multiple customized email ids without registering and purchasing a domain name space on the Internet.
How to Setup a Custom Email with Gmail?
Step 1: Setting up the Google app
- First you need to go to Google Apps for Domains
- Once the page load completely then enter your domain.
- After entering your domain fill the empty text boxes with relevant information like username and password.
- Now fill the information about your organization including, contact name, phone number, address and other asked details. Also, you need to keep your alternate email address the same as your personal www.gmailcom ID or any other email address ID.
- Subsequently, agreeing on the terms & conditions, simply click on the Create Account tab and move to the next step.
- After completing your successful registration you will redirected to the Setup page where you are required to verify your domain name. Here you will find two options of verification express (ideal for individuals) or custom (offers app testing with few different users).
Step 2: Verifying Your Domain
- Recommended options – Upload your HTML file (by using FTP software)
- HTML tags (it is a second best option)
- Domain name provider (Alternate Method)
- Google Analytics (Alternate Method)
After pasting your verification tag come back to the Google App verification menu and click on Verify tab.
Step 3: Connecting Gmail with Your Domain
- To enable the gmail.cpom services first you need to login to https://www.google.com/a/your-domain-name.com.
- Sign in to your Gmail account with your username and password.
- Then after signing in select Organization & Users> Services from the navigation menu. From there click on Gmail App and press ON tab.
Step 4: Setting up Your Gmail Account
First you have to make some changes in the DNS settings of your domain.
- Login to your Google app
- From Navigation Menu select Setup>>Setup Gmail and then follow the instructions
- After completing the instructions you will be able to see 5 MX records that you need to submit on your web host.
- You can easily configure your MX records if you have standard cpanel hosting.
- Now, first go to your Cpanel and login to your account with your username and password.
- Once you enter your Cpanel then look for MX records tool (which is typically available under Mail Options)
- After opening MX Records you must select your domain.
- Afterwards you need to choose your email routing. There are four varied methods available to route your emails, but usuallywe select “Automatically Detect Configuration”, which is also a recommended option.
- Now start adding your MX records which is provided by Google App.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully create Custom gmail.coimAddress for your domain.When it comes to MX Records integration then it typically takes somewhere 24 hours as it depends on your ISP and hosting.
However, in some other developed geographical locations it takes just a few hours. Now here you are with your professional Email address with gmail.comm.